Saturday 30 October 2010

Distraction satisfaction

Do you sometimes find yourself on the bus, in your sitting room, in long meetings at work incapable of concentrating on your book,  audio/visual stimulus/distraction,  or um your goddamn bread and butter? And  rather than just staring at walls or out of windows, wondering what you'll cook for dinner or if you jumped out the window would a silhouette remain or would all the glass shatter,  you opt to stare at the faces in your space or on the screen?  I do.

Don't get me wrong, sugar, I'm not playing "psyche" or whatever the ados do. I just find myself studying a face  to determine  if s/he resembles her/his mother or  father, oh and possible  criminal tendencies, natch. It's quite fun and do you know what you'll never know if you are right, so fear of failure is not an option and thus no need to procrastinate. You can start playing NOW if you want.

I have to admit that I have got so bored with the Australian political scene that I employ this sensational diversionary tact while watching most pollies and analysts on the telly, so no need to turn off the telly, enjoy some peace and do something constructive... Generally with the majority you can see father or mother but there are some exceptions. One Christopher Pahne for instance. When I look at his face all I can see is his paternal grandmother.

1 comment:

David Nichols said...

Do you think he skipped a generation?