Monday 21 September 2009

Two more for the Canon

The past fortnight or so I have had a hankering for some Dickens and Eliot, so Satdee afternoon I went to my favourite branch of the City of Sydney library. Alas the books I wanted were not there. Waaah.

Fortunately I stumbled upon a series of books based on the magnificent television show Rosemary & Thyme by Eastman. I borrowed two. So engrossing and so Blytonesque but i guess there is more talk of plants than food. Nevertheless they do have some nice cream teas, lots of crime, and glasses of wine when tucked up in their twin beds and googling suspects on Rosemary's laptop.

2 comments:

Wayne Davidson said...

There are R&T BOOKS? Sounds like horticultural Christie heaven. Rannunculicious!

Annabel said...

Yes!! Very apt! The first one was based on the debut tv episode but the current one am reading seems new.