Thursday 19 March 2009

Hey everybody take a look at me

Back in the day the most popular trend on the street for the people who wore t-shirts was to sport a Ramones t. One in five people did, with great smugness and a spurious feeling of street credibilite. And yes, many a time back then did i blog on about it - my humour and general slant is drawn from the powers of observation... (bully for me and everyone under the sun!)

Anyway that Ramones t-shirt trend was briefly replaced by Blondie t-shirts, alas none with the slogan “Blondie is a band not a person”, perhaps that was just confined to badges. Both have now been usurped by the style retro enfance. T-shirts with popular culture icons from one’s childhood. Marvel comics heros , tv shows, and very popular with many gels born in the late 80’s and 90’s are the t's featuring those Roger Hargreaves Little Miss characters. I have not seen any of their male counterpart wearing the Mr Men series, apart from one t that read Mr Cock but i don't recall that book, perhaps it was indexed.

I don’t need t-shirts to demonstrate my retro enfance allegiances for I have Facebook. And to have both would be just plain greedy, and, greed is bad, which also happens to be the slogan of my favourite t-shirt, written in Choose Life font, natch.

4 comments:

boy moritz said...

this is about my flying burrito bros original isn't it. goddamn you i swear by them chimichangas!

David Nichols said...

My next fashion trump will be a ramones t-shirt drawn in the style of Mr. Men. You know, that would really work. Better get on it, and make my fortune, and not post this as a blog comment or someone might steal my idea.

Mistress Bel said...

Given the parlous state of your memory someone probably made the suggestion to you last week.

Please don't mention design again until you see someone wearing it and accost her/im and then we'll all look forward to reading about it on your blog.

David Nichols said...

I don't know what you mean. And why is my word verification 'spermine'? What's going on?