Sunday 23 August 2009

Snatch pant

Snatch pant, Snatch pant, l-l-l-ladies get your snatch pant.

As the Best & Less and K-Mart jingles and spruikers used to cry in the 80's and 90's. And very effective they were. Llladies of all shapes and sizes were sporting black leggings. Generally with large, long shirts but more often just with normal length tops and displaying their great smiling V to all and sundry. (oh don't choke on your pickle, prudence, i've got to give voice to this right here, right now! )

While I am a proponent of Lady love your cunt (why i think it was me on that celebrated Oz cover, wasn't it?) I consider the outline of the labia majora in the legging or high rise gabardine pant, or any outfit, as what Maggie T would call a major boo boo.

In the noughties the leggings have returned but are now known as the footloose or footless tight. Generally sported under dresses by stylish, chic, neat types (don't blow your pfff pfff valve*, yet, sweetness - worse is still to come!).

In the past few weeks as i've roamed around Sydney, from the haughty north to the I'm not a raShirelist South, from the battlers' west to the meretricious East, i have observed many things (about which i'm still to blog) but the most remarkable has been the return of the legging as trou - this time in faux denim stretch!!!

Granted the faux denim legging can look OK under certain shifts but when it is au naturel, l-l-ladies just put that smiling V away!


*a K.Elliottism i do declare.

6 comments:

David Nichols said...

We are so nsync. Here I was thinking 'once I read through Annabel banging on about this lady love your cunt stuff I can get into my new gripe, the faux denim stretch tight thing under the dress' and what do you know - you're streets ahead of me. There's a first.

Mistress Bel said...

oh pet, i posted a status update last Saturday on facilebook stating how much i loathed the stretch denim legging. I'd never suggest that I planted the idea in your brain. However, props to me and tutti frutti to you, tutti frutti!

Anonymous said...

Known as the Camel Toe...

Mistress Bel said...

or snatch pant. Don't like the term ct (or the sight), anonymous and i like to add my special flair to all that i survey. So watch out!!

David Nichols said...

I still don't know what camel toe means.

Annabel said...

I would have thought you'd have wikied the ct by now. I made an entry about it,the male version and YOU.

Here tis, to quote the darling Holly Hobbe sign on my WC door.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameltoe